Gulp tasks are already set up for you. They are stored inside
Createx/gulpfile.js. But in order to have access to them via you Command Line tool you will need to install gulp-cli node package. Gulp CLI stands for Gulp Command Line Interface. To do that type following line in your terminal:
Gulp CLI commands
- gulp clean - as the name implies it cleans dist folder from generated (compiled assests like css, js, vendor libs, etc.)
- gulp vendor - moves vendor libraries from
distfolder. Please check this article explaining how to add new vendor plugin to your project - Installing Vendor plugins with Npm and Gulp
- gulp js - polifill using Babel and then minify and uglify main
- gulp sass:expanded - compiles
.scssfiles into non-minified CSS (css/theme.css). From
- gulp sass:minified - compiles
.scssfiles into minified CSS (css/theme.min.css). From
- gulp watch - launches
watchtask. It will watch changes of your .scss / .js / .html files and automatically compile them.
Now, when you are equiped with all necessary tools and dev invironment is all set you are ready to dive into Createx customization.
Take some time to familiarize yourself with Project structure.